Mr Mark Davies
- Mr. Mark Davies is an NHS consultant in Swansea. His main speciality is in general and colorectal surgery.
- Mark qualified from The London Hospital Medical College in 1995 and later was awarded a thesis by the University of London, for work looking into the development and progression of colorectal cancer. He completed his surgical training in London, Cardiff and Swansea. After which he undertook a fellowship in pelvic surgery at The Christie Hospital in Manchester. In September 2007 he was appointed Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon in Swansea. Mark continues to have an active research interest in colorectal cancer and is a reviewer for The British Journal of Surgery and Colorectal Disease. He has published numerous papers on general and colorectal surgery.
- Mark is committed to medical education and was made an honorary associate professor in Swansea University in 2014 and is an examiner for The Royal College of Surgeons of England. He is currently Clinical Director for surgery.
Special Clinical Interests
- Mr. Davies’ practice covers all aspects of colorectal surgery including
- laparoscopic (key hole )surgery, THD procedure for haemorrhoids, inflammatory & functional bowel disease, incontinence, colorectal cancer and endoscopy.
- He also undertakes elective general surgical procedures including laparoscopic cholecystectomy, hernia repair and the management of general surgical emergencies.
Year of Qualification