Dr Neeraj Saxena
Pain Management Specialist
- MSc (Pain Management)
Primary Specialities: Pain Management
Special Clinical Interests
- Back pain
- Persistent knee / shoulder pain
- Neuropathic pain
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Using advanced brain imaging techniques to understand mechanisms of consciousness and pain perception (at Cardiff University)
- Improving clinical outcomes of pain therapies (at Cwm Taf University Health board)
Current NHS and/or university posts
- He has been a Consultant in Anaesthesia and Pain Management in Cwm Taf University Health Board (Royal Glamorgan and Prince Charles hospitals) since early 2012.
- He is also a Senior Lecturer in Neurosciences at Cardiff University.
Year of Qualification
After graduating in Medicine, Dr. Saxena completed his postgraduate training in Anaesthesia & Pain management from a premier centre of Delhi University before moving to the UK. He completed his anaesthetic training, working in most of the hospitals of South Wales. He successfully completed his advanced training and fellowship in Pain Medicine. He has also obtained a Masters degree in Pain Management (MSc), from Cardiff University, to complement his broad based clinical experience. He has also been to various world-renowned pain treatment centres, in UK and abroad to gain further specialised clinical experience.
He offers the full range of medicinal and interventional treatments for most painful conditions.
Dr. Saxena is the clinical lead for inpatient pain management at Cwm Taf University Health Board. He has also led the development of a South Wales’ Network of Acute Pain teams (SwNAP) to raise the standards of inpatient pain management and is actively involved with the Welsh Pain Society as a council member.
Ms. Hayley Thomas
Tel: 0117 9064863