Dr Aaron Wong
- MBChB, MRCP, MD, CAS, FRCP
- CCT in Cardiology and General Internal Medicine
- Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Heart Failure, University of Zurich
Primary Specialities: Cardiology and General Medicine
Special Clinical Interests
- Investigations and Management of complex Heart Failure
- Stress Echocardiography
- Transoesophageal Echocardiography
- Coronary angiography and assessment of cardiac haemodynamics.
- Heart Failure and Diabetes
- Cardiac and metabolic biomarkers.
- Endothelial Function
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
Current NHS and/or university posts
- Consultant Cardiologist and General Physician, Princess of Wales Hospital
- Honorary Lecturer, University of Cardiff
Year of Qualification
University of Glasgow, 2001
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Society of Echocardiography
- Royal College of Physician, London
- European Society of Heart Failure
- • Consultant Cardiologist and General Physician, Princess of Wales Hospital
- • Honorary Lecturer, University of Cardiff
• Dr Wong qualified from University of Glasgow in 2001. He completed his medical rotations in various hospitals in Glasgow and completed his MRCP (UK) in 2004. He worked as a locum oncology registrar for 6 months before taking up a Cardiology Research Fellow post in University of Dundee. He was the principle investigator of a British Heart Foundation funded research project TAYSIDE trial (The Effects of Metformin on exercise capacity in insulin resistant chronic heart failure). His research topic was “Insulin Resistance, Chronic Heart Failure and potential treatment modalities”. He was also co-investigator of two international multicenter clinical trials. His was awarded Doctorate of Medicine (MD) in 2014. He completed his higher specialty training in cardiology and general medicine (Dual CCT) in Wales in 2014.
• Dr Wong was the first cardiologist from Wales who completed the postgraduate course in Heart failure, endorsed by the European Society of Cardiology and University of Zurich.
• He was nominated to be a Fellow of the Royal College of Physician, London in 2018
• He was principle investigator of TRANSITION-HF trial in Princess of Wales Hospital.
• He is passionate about medical education and aspired to train up doctors, nurses and allied health care professionals to improve medical care for local community.
• He is a good communicator. He speaks three languages and 5 Chinese dialects.